We want to thank each and every one for supporting our open mic at the Firehouse. We weren’t sure how it would take off and because of you, it’s turned into a GREAT event for all. Thank YOU!!! And because of you, we have decided to continue indefinitely. So, get ready to keep coming back every Wednesday. We’ll continue with prizes and from Sept. 2 – Dec. 2, we will have another competition with the finalists returning on Dec. 9 to see who gets the prize. The prize this time will be $1,000 cash.
Now, for what you have been waiting to know…..it was not an easy decision and the voting was so close at the final count it was difficult to decide. We had two bands so close, we decided to add another prize for a second band.
The overall winner is…(insert drum roll) —– Bannon Hancock and his band !!!! Congrats. Bannon will receive an opening spot at a weekend Firehouse show, an interview with Hank T. Moon on Badlands Radio, and a recording at Hill Tracks studio.
So very close to him, came….(insert drum roll)……John Fritzsching AKA: Texas Special. TX Special will receive an opening spot at a weekend Firehouse show.
Congratulations to both of you and we can’t wait to see everyone again this upcoming Wed., and to keep it going through the fall.
Thank you again to all the terrific performers and bands.!!!!
Our venue is unique, chic and steeped in tradition. A true Houston landmark for over 22 years. We’ve always been owned by firefighters. Make your event special. Rent our entire venue starting at $3500 or rent the private party room or loft for $750 during one of our entertainment nights and treat your guests to a great band. We’ve been voted #1 Honky Tonk in Houston and nominated for many years as Music Venue of The Year in Texas. Email email@example.com or call 281.513.1995 for details.
• Starting Wednesday nights beginning June 3rd.
• Participants are encouraged to pre-register via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Use “Open Mic” in the subject line. No phone calls accepted.
• Signups for the week begin at noon on Sunday prior to that Wednesday and participants are assigned a slot in the order received.
• Start time is at 7:00 pm and will end at 10:00 pm, doors open at 6:00 pm.
• Walk-ins welcome but will only be placed in open spots.
• Each performer will do 2 songs and if time allows, we will go back through the list.
Every Wednesday through the summer (June – August), members of the audience will vote on their favorite performer. Winner will be determined by votes received and management discretion on stage presence, sound, originality, and song performance.
Winner will receive:
• Opening spot on either a Friday or Saturday night.
• One original single produced at Hill Tracks Studio.
• Interview with Hank T. Moon on Badlands Radio.